Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for input on my turbo build.
A couple weekends ago my friend and I took a 93 GMC 6.5 turbo and spend two nights welding and turning wrenches our result:

IMG_20161011_161832.jpg

The build is successful just would like to hear other people advice on fuel management/tuning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hey all, looking for input on my turbo build.
A couple weekends ago my friend and I took a 93 GMC 6.5 turbo and spend two nights welding and turning wrenches our result:

The build is successful just would like to hear other people advice on fuel management/tuning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Best option obd2 upgrade. Some even offer universal install. Not much tuning with stock. Adjustable fuel rail upgraded injectors. Head job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been planning to turbo my 2.5. Best tuning options I've found are the AEM FIC6 (I believe that's what it's called), which is a standalone ECM that you write a custom tune for, to the tune of about $1000, or you can use a Split/Second PSC1-002, which is a MAP sensor reader thing that can read boost and changes the signal so that the stock computer can read it and not freak out. You can tune that as well, which is what I plan on using since it's much cheaper than the AEM and I have no need for a rocket science standalone ECM. Or, you can go full bare bones and put a Zener diode on the MAP sensor so it doesn't freak out when boost hits and it sees more than 5V, and one of the diaghram FMU's that run on vacuum. When boost builds, it sees that and pushes more fuel to the injectors. Crude, but effective. Best of luck.

Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some maintenance over the weekend replaced some bushings and wheel bearings in the front end and.... Threw a posi lock in the rear end
IMG_20161029_002312.jpg

Turbocharged 93 YJ
08 Mazda 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts