Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Can anyone post a photo of the VECI label which is on the underside of the hood on the right towards the front edge. Apparently, from the manual, the vacuum hose routing is just a general schematic and the manual recommends to check the underhood label for what's specific to that model. Would appreciate any help on this so I can get the hoses and pipes back into place and hopefully close up the point(s) of vacuum loss that the Jeep is experiencing currently. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Sorry, the years haven't been kind to my label...

Looking at the engine tho, I don't see anything that doesn't get full manifold vacuum so routing appears to be moot as long as everything is hooked up....

The only thing I'm not sure about is the charcoal canister... mine died about 8 years ago and started feeding charcoal to my engine so I unhooked it.... can't remember for certain where the small vacuum line to it hooked up but thinking it was just right to the manifold

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, the years haven't been kind to my label...

Looking at the engine tho, I don't see anything that doesn't get full manifold vacuum so routing appears to be moot as long as everything is hooked up....

The only thing I'm not sure about is the charcoal canister... mine died about 8 years ago and started feeding charcoal to my engine so I unhooked it.... can't remember for certain where the small vacuum line to it hooked up but thinking it was just right to the manifold
Of course Murphy's Law applies and alas the diagram is gone from your label. Yeah, with mine the thing is 1) the lines are not all connected (I'm thinking also that my stumbling on acceleration and maybe my stalling when backing up may be vacuum related), 2) and the lines may not be connected correctly. Here's some pics of my current hookup. Most obvious is the line on the firewall end of the valve cover is missing and I don't see where it would've gone or if was probably the plastic line like the others visible vs rubber vacuum hose.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears that the manifold nipple, where the vacuum line from the top back of the valve cover, is capped off. And the elbow coming from the top back of the valve cover has a ton of electrical tape wrapped around it trying to block off the vacuum loss. I don't believe it succeeded.

And I'm wondering also, as I just noticed this, this line was just dangling and not sure if it goes anywhere or is just a dangling check valve. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
There is no vacuum loss from your valve cover because there is no vacuum there...
The dangley thing is a filter in the end of the vent line for your cad system.... normal

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Gotta Go Fast or anyone could please post me a photo of their vent tube that leads from the top front area of the valve cover on the 4.0L 6cyl to the air cleaner housing, I would appreciate that. I believe the one that's on mine is just a random rubber hose and I'm just trying to put things back to stock at this point. Thanks. Amazingly, these parts are still available from Chrysler directly!

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The stock vent line is plastic..
If yours is rubber it is not stock

Mine has been broken and spliced w rubber

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts