Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
IDK about paying that much for yours, but I will be asking 14,000 for mine. Mine - No Rust, Garage Kept, lots of upgrades, Like New. Yours - Rust, and you have them (asking to die) shackles on it! Is there some special reason your asking that much, it looks pretty stock? I would not want to pay more than 3,500 to 4,000 on it without seeing a lot more pictures and the history of the vehicle, is it a four or six cylinder it?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Thinking of selling my 1994 lifted a rigged up with $115,000 original miles. I've been told not to take less than 15k. Anyobe know how to value?

I have a 94 YJ with 120k miles on it with no rust and custom built dana 489's and a warn winch i value it at $5,000. Your jeep look somewhat clean but if the underside is rusted and if there are any holes in the frame it instantly becomes scrap value or a parts jeep. Do i think it's worth 14k? no. Its only worth what someone will give you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually body and frame are good no rust. The springs are typical surface rust and still clipped. A friend of mine is in the aftermarket jeep custom buisiness and said lifted jeeps are bringing big money. It does have the chasis and body lift kits. It is far from stock on components. The aluminun rims sort of sucked we had on it, put the factory back on. This is a 4.0 with factory air and set up as a rock crawler with exception of front locker.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I can see it has the stock front axle and weak steering. What rear axles does it have and what gears are in it?

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Actually body and frame are good no rust. The springs are typical surface rust and still clipped. A friend of mine is in the aftermarket jeep custom buisiness and said lifted jeeps are bringing big money. It does have the chasis and body lift kits. It is far from stock on components. The aluminun rims sort of sucked we had on it, put the factory back on. This is a 4.0 with factory air and set up as a rock crawler with exception of front locker.
Yeah! you're really going to have to list specifics to get a fair assessment... Also, what state you are in matters.
Just saying it was built to rock crawl or my friend said "lifted jeeps are bringing big money" to a knowledgeable buyer isn't going to cut it. I've walked away from Jeeps that "looked" bad ass because the "upgrades" didn't meet my standards... one of them being I "despise" body lifts for just the sake of looking cool with bigger tires (to each their own) and from the look of your side step you have at east a 2-3 inch body lift. It may give you fender clearance but does nothing for underneath. A 1.25" "maybe" after a proper spring lift and you need just a touch more when off-roading/full articulation without cutting into fenders.

Post it like you are selling it (check out samples on Craigslist) and we'll give a crack at a fair price.
John D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thinking of selling my 1994 lifted a rigged up with $115,000 original miles. I've been told not to take less than 15k. Anyobe know how to value?
Check Kelly Blue Book, it gives a price of $4k to $6k for my area. No one really cares about all the "extras" when considering purchasing a used vehicle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Asking and getting are two different things. $15k? You can ask that but, I doubt you will get it. Maybe $10 if your lucky. But who knows in these times. Used vehicles are in demand.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Everyone thinks there Jeep is worth gold at this time, so ask any price you want. My personal feeling is that these prices today are not going to hold and as soon as the economy takes a downward turn many things will fall in price. That was a $7000/$8000 Jeep 2-3 years ago.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought my 94 YJ automatic, 4 banger built by a Florida jeep club. Ancient sand dunes are the hills around here on the coast of NC. I had a 92 with clutch, but after 2 strokes my left foot would slip off the pedal. The po drove into the grocery store parking lot and it cut off. Po said I just put a new fuel pump in. Jeep was 6500 now 6,000 had some more haggling got her for 5500. It had the tow bar arrangement took her home and sprayed starting fluid started right up been running great ever since. I was going to put a novelty plate on it, but went with a handicap plate. Whats funnier than a handicap plate on a 5" lifted Jeep?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats why i was asking. I thought maybe 8k on a good day and saw one on ebay sell 200k base model 4.0 6 cylinder for $9500 in august. My buddy manudactures wheels and tires for the lifted industries and distributes off road accessories as part of his business. Jeep wranglers are super hot right now and 4 door wranglers hopped ip are stupid money. He original said if repaint everything 25+ also it has a air locker rear not sure what size.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
The YJ's that are rust free, are well sought after. They have the toughest frame of any jeep built, they are a very popular jeep for those wanting to do a build, rock crawling being the more popular of the builds. The price for a YJ that is rust free has gone up in the last... I'll say 4-5 years. That is why I would ask $14,000, now I said (ask). If we were talking about CJ's, I have or I should say had a CJ-5, just sold it for $3500. It had no rust, half the motor and components missing, driveshaft missing amongst other things, the steering box fell and hit the concrete floor the day he was coming down to buy it, (forgot I had it unbolted) when I went to roll it out, well I remembered when I grabbed the steering wheel, (a little to late) its been sitting for 3 years, lol. My CRS hinders me from remembering crap, I think getting old does that too! But ya, jeeps have increased in value. I only apply the (increased value) to vehicles with no rust! You folks living in the east... good luck with no rust.

rhalliday32, if you want a little more value, get rid of them revolver shackles! If I was looking to buy your jeep, them death traps you have on there would automatically knock 2,000 off it, just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
14,307 Posts
@rhalliday32 Check out your local Craigslist for what sellers of similar YJs are asking. Asking price can be 10% over selling price (these sell fast) to 50% over final selling price (seller was asking too much). Check the date when the ad was placed. If it's over a week old, the price is high. If the ad is over two weeks old, the price is too high. The higher the price for a comparable vehicle, the longer it will take to sell. Watch for price drops in the ads that you follow. You'll have to drive out to look at a few to get an idea of what a comparable YJ might sell for. A 4 cyl Jeep will go for 25% less than a 6 cylinder, all other things being equal.

If you don't find at least a few comps locally, check out the CL ads in the nearest large city. You can Google "YJ Jeeps for sale near me" or a similar search term. Remember, asking price is always higher than selling price, except for great bargains. They'll be gone before you ever see the ads.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1995 YJ 4cyl 2.5L standard. 2.5” lift w/ 1” TC drop
11 Posts
@rhalliday32 Check out your local Craigslist for what sellers of similar YJs are asking. Asking price can be 10% over selling price (these sell fast) to 50% over final selling price (seller was asking too much). Check the date when the ad was placed. If it's over a week old, the price is high. If the ad is over two weeks old, the price is too high. The higher the price for a comparable vehicle, the longer it will take to sell. Watch for price drops in the ads that you follow. You'll have to drive out to look at a few to get an idea of what a comparable YJ might sell for. A 4 cyl Jeep will go for 25% less than a 6 cylinder, all other things being equal.

If you don't find at least a few comps locally, check out the CL ads in the nearest large city. You can Google "YJ Jeeps for sale near me" or a similar search term. Remember, asking price is always higher than selling price, except for great bargains. They'll be gone before you ever see the ads.

Good Luck, L.M.
That’s some wise council for every purchase, LM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts