Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was told when I recently bought my 94, that these wheels were from American Racing Wheels (I believe they are 15x7), but I'm missing the center caps all around (the center cap hole diameter is about 2 & 7/8 in). Come to find out, there is a art number on the inside of each cap to identify the cap for re-order or purchase. Does anyone have these wheels with the center cap that you could post a pic and a prt number so I can try to find them/ American Racing said to go to a website called wheelacc.com to look for them but it was very cumbersome and I found nothing anyway. Thanks if anyone can help.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,969 Posts
I bought some American Racing wheels from discount tire. they have a pretty good data base for wheels you might find what your looking for from them if you have a Discount Tire nearby. I can give you my cap part number (1327000) which may be a jumping off point for a google search.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,969 Posts
Just googled it, on sale now at summit Racing 32% off. Pics and specs match what I have, maybe what you want.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have this same wheel? The 1327000 number is a chrome finish cap. Is yours that chrome finish with the aluminum wheel? Thanks a lot for the info.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Just go on ebay and buy some generic center caps by diameter...
Suggest getting stainless.... chrome WILL rust

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Btw, looks like you need lugnut(s) worse than you need center caps....

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just go on ebay and buy some generic center caps by diameter...
Suggest getting stainless.... chrome WILL rust
I didn’t have caps either and That’s exactly what I did. Ebay!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would buy new rims instead of wasting money on center caps for ugly wheels
Need new tires for the winter. Not enough $ in the budget for new rims.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought some American Racing wheels from discount tire. they have a pretty good data base for wheels you might find what your looking for from them if you have a Discount Tire nearby. I can give you my cap part number (1327000) which may be a jumping off point for a google search.
That cap number is listed on Summit's website as 3.27 in diameter but the hole diameter of my wheel is only 2 & 7/8 in diameter. Do you know if your wheel center hole is 2 & 7/8 in diameter as well and maybe the 3.27 in refers to the center cap's outer measurement? Thanks if you would be able to check at all.

·
Super Moderator
12,711 Posts
I would buy new rims instead of wasting money on center caps for ugly wheels
New lugnuts, new center caps, Simichrome and many hours work can help those old wheels. Total investment, less than the cost of one wheel.

If you're thinking about painting them, be sure to clean and prep them well first. I think silver would look best on those particular wheels.
Paint would be a whole lot easier that attempting to polish them with Simichrome or rubbing compound.
I like using Rustolium spray cans that has the primer right in the paint. Usually available at the Big Box lumber yard.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
That cap number is listed on Summit's website as 3.27 in diameter but the hole diameter of my wheel is only 2 & 7/8 in diameter. Do you know if your wheel center hole is 2 & 7/8 in diameter as well and maybe the 3.27 in refers to the center cap's outer measurement? Thanks if you would be able to check at all.
Mine are 3.5 inches diameter. I was throwing those at you for the part number to help in your search, no way those particular ones will work will for your wheels. Sorry, that's the best help I got.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, does anyone know if these actually are American Racing Wheels or does anyone recognize the manufacturer? I'd appreciate knowing if anyone can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
any clue anyone?

·
Super Moderator
12,711 Posts
Have you gone to Discount Tire as Got it at last suggests? They seem to have a lot of wheel resources. I'd go there with the Jeep and have them order the center caps. I'd be surprised if they couldn't match up a set of center caps with the wheels that you have.

Let us know how you make out.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts