Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turn key and no crank, jumper relay at pins and starter cranks but no start with key turned on. checked pnss had gnd. no hot coming from ignition switch. Question, do I have to drop steering column to change switch?

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
If your '94 is like my '87, the answer is no. The switch is at the lower end of the steering column, near the drivers feet. It's controlled by a long rod connected to the key switch.
You might attempt adjusting the switch before replacing it. Make sure the plug is seated properly in the switch.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not down at feet , but up high just below bracket for steering wheel. Pulled dash apart now I can work on and see it. The jeep has headlight dimmer on windshield wiper. Two rods run down to each switch. They are mounted together. Dimmer switch is mounted on top of and to left of the ignition switch. The jeep also has a tilt wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got the old one out!!! had to pull steering column down with ratchet strap so I could see and get my hands in there. the two switches share two of the fasteners. top and bottom ones are 8mm screws the middle one is a 8mm stud with a 10 mm nut on top of the dimmer switch. it's hot outside, had to come in to cool off, then back to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts