Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a Jeep! 94 YJ 4.0 inline 6. I knew 4WD wasn't working when I bought it. It has been owned by a woman since 94 and never off-roaded. That's about to change. The dash light does come on when put in 4hi and low, but doesn't engage. Axle does turn when placed in hi and low, but front wheels aren't turning. Took the CAD off today and checked vacuum lines, and all seems to be working fine. With CAD off, everything moves side to side when shifting into 4wd. Vacuum seems strong as well. Not sure what my next move should be? Any input is appreciated.......and thank you in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to be missing something simple(i hope). This poor jeep has lived in a garage and unable to play since 1994. I need to get this figured out. And just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
By what your saying it sounds like it has to do within the axle where it connects to the wheels but not sure what those parts are

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So since the t case seems to be working and the vacuum lines and cad are too, can I assume it may be something in the front differential? And if so, any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
523 Posts
My best guess would be something in the front diff and I would check the fork that slides the sleeve back and forth not 100% sure but like you said everything else seems to be working

1 - 5 of 5 Posts