Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to WF. I purchased a 94 YJ Classic Sport for my birthday this past September, and have been gradually getting her together. I just purchased and installed LED lighting and made a AUX Panel from a rehabed AUX Panel from a 98 Charokee. I would like to put it in the area of the ashtray and cigarette lighter. Does anyone know how to remove it?

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
IIRC, there are three screws that hold it on from the bottom up. Slide out the ashtray to access at least one of them. I think they are socket heads.

If you can lay on your back it's easier to see them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's pretty easy. Find a AUX Panel on eBay or junk yard. I chose a 98 Jeep XJ Cherokee, It cost me $12. Cut off the end tabs and sand smooth. I then popped out the switch that was in the panel and used my dremel to cut out the blank. You can also use a sharp Xacto knife. I kept the 12v, but removed the cigarette lighter socket out. I then purchased 3 LED (3 pin) rocker switches and a dual lighted usb socket from eBay, another $12, and popped them in place. Note: I applied a small bead of black silicone around the flange of the rocker switch. The silicone will fill in any gaps and will lock the rocker in the position you desire. I will mount my panel in the area of the ashtray, now that I've learned how to remove it. Unfortunately it's 8 degrees in NJ, so we are going to wait until it warms up a little to finish my preject.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts