Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to the forum. Looking for some pointers on engine swap. Hopefully this fall or winter I will get to start on my project. I have a 1994 YJ with a 2.5l in it. I have acquired a donor for the swap. 99 Chevy suburban 5.7l, 4L60E and NP241 . I am thinking a engine, trans and t-case swap. Any pointer greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi,
New to the forum. Looking for some pointers on engine swap. Hopefully this fall or winter I will get to start on my project. I have a 1994 YJ with a 2.5l in it. I have acquired a donor for the swap. 99 Chevy suburban 5.7l, 4L60E and NP241 . I am thinking a engine, trans and t-case swap. Any pointer greatly appreciated.
That swap is very common and has been done many times. Advanced adapters makes an engine cradle. I would carefully rip everything out of the suburban without cutting ANYTHING. Unbolt and carefully unplug everything. And look into a V8 specific radiator that fits your YJ.

And if you are running larger than stock tires your factory axles, at least the rear will not live long. So, an axle swap will be in your future if it hasn't been done. I do not advise the rear axle from that suburban either, I would build a ford 8.8 rear before that 10 bolt out of that suburban.

Also research google for other sites with examples of your swap. Pirate 4x4 is another source of info, make sure you post in the 'Non hardcore section" there tho.:thumb:

If/When you start your build post pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts