Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am the current owner of 2010 JK Sport, and am looking to upgrade and get a YJ.. :thumb:

anyway, i found a 94 thats pretty beat up and im going back tomorrow to talk more with the dealer! pretty excited

Heres the thing, it does not have power steering and i didn't see a reservoir for the fluid either... SO how much am i looking at to get that installed completely, i guess the whole system. also the steering wheel has tons of play and it turns freely from about 9'oclock to 2o'clock, anyone know what that could be?

im pretty excited because there are numerous things wrong with it and im excited to pay it off (hopefully i get it) and start those fixes!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Care to share the specs?

I thought all the YJ's came with power steering as a standard; but I may be wrong. But the play in the steering could be rag joint issues, to steering gear issues, to ball joint/misc component wear.

My first impression is that its a lot of work, but getting it for a song would be fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 94 2.5..bone stock. the steering wheel is hard as **** to turn...i mean it might be manual steering but id imagine it wouldn't be that hard to turn it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts