Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....took the Jeep into a shop this afternoon and hooked it up to an OBDII. Came back saying I needed and O2 and MAP sensor. Ok. Jeep was running perfect before I went in there. All of a sudden it wont start back up. Shop said fuel pump went out, so I had that repaced. Now it still wont start, said that its not getting any spark. Has new everthing, battery, plugs/wires, distributor cap, injectors, fuel pump etc..They dont know whats wrong with it.

Please any suggestions on what could be wrong????

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, 94 was OBDI not II, maybe they screwed something up when they plugged in.???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A supposedly reputible shop - they are always busy and came highly recommended. So frusterating.

·
Registered
34 Posts
maybe they shorted out the computer. that plug is rite in front of it. the plug they needed to plug into has a cap on it, it doesn't plug back into anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes there is a click. Just no spark. Fuel pump is working. Orginally took it in cause the check engine light was on due to a bad o2 sensor.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yes there is a click. Just no spark. Fuel pump is working. Orginally took it in cause the check engine light was on due to a bad o2 sensor.
A very common issue with starting is corrosion in between the battery cables and the battery posts. When this is an issue what you will experience when attempting to start is an audible click and maybe failure of the electrical system immediately afterwards. If this sounds like you the first step is to get a battery corrosion cleaning kit from napa, autozone, etc. (about $10). Next disconnect the battery cables from your car (remember negative first THEN positive), visually inspect the inside of the battery cables, the cables themselves and the battery posts. What you are looking for inside the battery cable connectors is a dull metallic grey film, if you see that you have corrosion and it needs to be cleaned. What you should actually see is clean shiny metal. If you see corrosion use the metal brushes from your cleaning kit and the corrosion cleaning spray and thoroughly clean the connectors and battery posts. Apply anti corrosion spray after cleaning and the anti corrosion felt rings if your kit comes with them. Make sure you reconnect the battery cables positive first then negative (reverse from when you disconnected them).

also you can try wiggling the batt cables around as well to get a spark while someone else is trying to start the jeep, if it starts up from doing this then you will have to replace the batt cables.

i know it sounds like a long shot, but try it out trust me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts