Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

New to the forum. I'm about to replace front driver side floor pan and driver side rocker panel with replacement patches, just want to know if anyone can point me in the right directions/ step by step to get this done as simple and quick and painless as possible. If there's pics to refer to it'll be awesome. Thanks 4 your time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Partial floor pan replacement

I replaced the majority of the floor pan, but not for the usual reason though which is rust. I bought this jeep knowing that it had light damage to the driver side, but 100% rust free. It was fixed and looked nice. I bought some hard doors and realized that when the damage was fixed, I guess the 5 and dime body shop did not own a tape measure. The driver door opening was a 1/2" smaller than the passenger. I had noticed that the floor pan was wrinkled, but its a jeep. After some deliberation I began the fix. I cut the rocker behind the A-pillar and all the way across the floor pan almost to the hump to relieve the stress on the tub so I could stretch the driver side. I then cut a 18"x 21" square out of the original floor. After porta powering the opening to the desired width, I then welded in a patch panel on the rocker and cut the replacement floor panel about 1/2" larger than necessary all the way around. This would allow support and an area to weld inside and on the bottom side of the floor. I ground the welds and then applied a rubber undercoating to the welds. Let dry a couple of days and then refinish any way you want. The rocker I glaze coated to smooth and then refinished. I am attaching a few photos. This is not the step by step, but I will help all I can. The hardest part was cutting all the tacks between the floor and back of the rocker. PM me with questions.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts