Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have a 1995 4cyl 5 speed Wrangler won't start.It hasn't started since the Heavy rain the other day.Twice before after the heavy rains this has happened, a can of seafoam each time got it going. This time we used dry gas and sea foam, didn't help. The motor cranks but does not start.Cap ,plugs,rotor and wires were replaced, we checked we do have spark. Sprayed starting flud into intake and the engine didnt even try to fire. After normal cranking we do smell fuel.Ps . This is my daily driver and only vehicle so I need to get her running!!!!Thanks in advance for any help!!!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
If it won't start on fluid with good spark you need to pull all the plugs and do and I know it is best hot but a cold compression check will tell you some good info. You have spark and fuel so alll you need is air to fire off. So the compression check even cold will tell you iif you have a bigger problem. Since it doesn't start after it rains which means the air is heavy or moist then you may have an air problem. Like maybe the valves are going bad or timing is far enough off it won't start. This is in the strange category. Let us know what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts