Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 95 yj with the 2.5l in it and this has been my first car and I’ve been working on it for 3 years and am having a major problem, driving like normal it quit with no spark and an engine light. I’ve been trying to check the codes but when I go to check it won’t blink like it has before, I’ve tried many times and it just stays lit up when I do the on off on off on method. So knowing as much as I know I first checked and no power out of the coil so I replaced the coil and decided to do cap and rotor because I haven’t before, still no spark, no power out of coil to distributor. I checked the crank position sensor and it was good and I also replaced the stator (cam position sensor). I’m stuck on what to do and frustrated that I can’t retrieve any codes, been looking on a lot of forums and couldn’t find this problem. Can someone please help me

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Did you check the ignition fuse under the dash?

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Brendanbaker22,

Look for a post by Got it at last. He posts often so finding one of his posts should be easy.
Look in his signature for a link to several Jeep manuals. Find one that's close to fitting your year Jeep. Find the "no start" troubleshooting flowchart and follow it. The flowchart might be in the engine section if I remember correctly.
Proper diagnosing an issue is way cheaper that simply guessing and replacing parts that might be good.
In following the flowchart, you might even get to buy a few new tools (which is always a good thing).

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Manuals in the dropbox link below, pick your year and scroll through till you get to the flow charts Agalloch07 mentions to help you diagnose your issue, then you can find the repair procedures per Factory recommendationsm sorry I can't help you with the 2.5, but your welcome to use my research materials.

Good Luck and Welcome,

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Look at the bottom of my post where it says FSM manuals. click on that link, it will open up a new pdf page for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts