Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is looking at buying a 95 it has a new clutch and runs good they are asking $2,000. I have a 12 JK but dot know about older Jeeps is this a good deal and what should he look out for?

·
Registered
493 Posts
The main thing, besides the obvious used car stuff, would be the frame rails where the springs are attached. Watch out for rotted out ends.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The main thing, besides the obvious used car stuff, would be the frame rails where the springs are attached. Watch out for rotted out ends.
x2 since you're in Michigan. Crawl all up under that thing looking for rust/rot. Luckily the 95 has a little better rust prevention measures on the frame. Sounds like a good deal though. Make sure it drives and shifts smooth and make sure the 4x4 engages. Hell even if the 4x4 doesn't engage, it's usually a simple fix on the YJs, so talk him down a few hundred if that's the case. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
As stated above, look for rust.

If it's the 6 cylinder, they run forever it given decent maintenance.

Heck, I wouldn't sell my '92 for $2K, and it has over 250K mi on it.

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
Pictures, Craigslist add. I want to see it now!

·
Registered
190 Posts
It has a new alternator, new belt, and water pump on it has had less than 20 miles of use since. Clutch was done 4 years ago and Jeep has been idle for about 2 years. Top is also 4 yrs old.This was primary vehicle but they bought a new truck and held onto this and now need some cash. KBB says they range from $2600-3200 in my area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts