Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now it's a 2.5L with little tires. I hope to be changing some of that.
I was told I could move the springs on top of the axles and gain some lift?
I was also thinking about a 2" shackle lift?
I was also told I could rearc my stock springs and add a knew spring to gain a few inches?

I was wondering what is bs and which one would be best for mostly road with a little offroading.

Thanks Jason
Also any other tips or tricks that will help would be appreciated.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Jason, I too have a pretty much stock 95. I drive mostly road with a couple of "adventures" a month until hunting season starts. I only added 30" MT's. It gets me where I need to go. Be patient and drive it a while to see what it will do. Then go from there.

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Right now it's a 2.5L with little tires. I hope to be changing some of that.
I was told I could move the springs on top of the axles and gain some lift?
I was also thinking about a 2" shackle lift?
I was also told I could rearc my stock springs and add a knew spring to gain a few inches?

I was wondering what is bs and which one would be best for mostly road with a little offroading.

Thanks Jason
Also any other tips or tricks that will help would be appreciated.
Yes you can move the springs over the axle, however, this is not as easy as it sounds, and lots of steering issue's can come up if its not done right.

2" lift shackle would work but usually most go with 1" or so.

I would look for a 2" spring under complete lift kit, this is something simple you can install in the drve way and is a bolt on setup.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The shackle lift will be a good start. You will be able to fit 31's and figure out where you want to go from there. You should eventually get new shocks though because you will be moving the axles further from the upper shock mount.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the help. What does the complete spring lift cost? I want a good rideing machine. Also I wasn't thinking of going over 30" tires. (right now)

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
You shouldn't need any lift with 30's.

If you wanted a good riding machine, you shouldn't have bought a wrangler. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts