Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Interested in what you guys think about this. I am about to get my 1st jeep and want to know if this is a good deal:

1995 jeep wrangler, 4.0 liter, auto trans, alpine cd, aluminum wheels, nerf bars, bestop soft top, aftermarket weather proof seats [over $500], 99,000 miles. Runs like a top, must see. $5400 obo.

I have not seen the jeep in person but talked to the guy and said it was really clean. If it is all he says it is and I can get it for $5k, think I should go for it?

Thanks in advance!:punk:

·
Registered
270 Posts
pics? they book for right around there just make sure its in good shape then youll want a second job to pay for all the upgrades youll want to do!! sounds like an ok deal to me

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
To get a complertely clean and bone stock 94 YJ 4.0L, 5-spd with 65,0000 on the clock here in SF Bay Area I paid a lot more!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, seems as though it is in good shape. Anything I should look for other then the norm when buying a car?

I have some serious jeep fever!

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
thats hi for a yj, unless its in as good of shape as they say. check for rust on floor boards under carpet, in inside of rocker panels, at rear of frame and rear body mounts, and windshield frame in and out. thats where they like to rust. and watch out for diamond plate covers.

its always a good idea to pay a good mechanic and hour labor charge for a complete inspection. 5 grand might be ok, but if it needs tires, brakes, and fluid changes you're looking at another $1500 easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts