Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this has been going on for about 2 months now. My jeep will just decide not to start. it acts as if the battery is dead. It wil click over the first couple times then nothing after that. The lights will be on at first then slowly fade. Today it was on I turned it off for maybe a minute to the half turn postion on the ignition and then decided since its unpredictible it would be best to turn it on. It then proceeded not to start and everything went out on it. This is about the 3rd time it has done this there is no common factor in the weather or time driven or anything else for that manner its completely random. I had the alt, starter, and battery tested and they found no problems with them. It has a brand new battery. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check your battery terminals to make sure they are clean and tight. Also check your grounds really good. The next time you get it started, see if your cables get abnormally hot. If one of them do, try checking grounds again

·
Registered
40 Posts
Take the starter in to auto zone have it tested and like he said battery terminals mine where lose and rotted it would just die also have the alternator tested when I hooked up my audio system wrong the lights dimmed and the alternator went out if non of these look at wires and as was mentioned the ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts