Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could let me know how to remove the top part of my dashboard on my 95 wrangler 4 banger. I don’t need to remove the dash around the gauges just the top part where the vents are for the windshield. A bic lighter fell down a little bit in there and is sitting on a ledge that’s reachable but can’t get ahold of it. I see a bunch of Phillips head screws but I feel like those hold up the dash around the gauges. Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
you have to fold the windshield down

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
A piece of chewing gum on a pencil might have enough sticky to grab the lighter and pull it up.
I have a couple skinny grabbers that I use to retrieve small parts that fall into tight places.

In order to remove the dash pad, you need to fold the windshield forward. Then remove the instrument bezels for access to the dash pad lower screws. I don't remember if you have to remove the glove box. It'll probably take the good part of a day to take it all apart and put it back together. I'd try alternatives first.

You might go to your local auto parts store and tell the clerk what you're wanting to do. Ask if they have a grabber.
A hardware store or Big Box lumber yard tool section might have one in stock.
I Googled "grabber tool". The Home Depot website has one for $8.97.

Let us know what works for you.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts