Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a summer project and have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler so this last June, I picked up this fairly straight 95 YJ

It's all stock...
2.5L 4 Cyl
5-Speed
Wheels stock with 215 75 R's
Chrome grill

.... it begins....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Threw out the stock tires... even though they had over 90% tread left, I couldn't look at it....

Added the BFG's 31 x 10.50's

And started cleaning it up a bit.... stripped the trim and repainted it... added some seat covers... and old fashioned elbow grease, some wax and a soft cloth...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just added a Rough Country 2.5'' spring lift, new shocks, and some other stuff...
Transfer case drop...
Stereo...
Removed the old CB...

Next I will fabricate and install new custom bumpers w/ winch mounts, rock guards, and custom skid plates...

Lots of stuff to do over the winter!
But this is what I have today to play with!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Started fabricating the front bumper... have to get the winch before I can finish it....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd be happy to... if I actually had plans. I have a fab shop at my disposal and an imagination... both of which get me into plenty of trouble at times. I was just going to buy a front bumper but I didn't like the way many of them looked... then I thought "hey I can build a better one anyway"... I really only have about 6 hours in it total... I am mounting a winch and some LED's then having the bumper powder painted...
I'll post more pics when it gets all done... maybe I can take some dimensions off of it and send them to you....

·
Registered
193 Posts
looking good! Are your wheels 15x7? I am debating on getting new tires for my factory tires or invest a little more by getting new rims so I can get a wider tire. Also, do you have a slight lift or no lift at all? Just trying to get some more ideas for my rig. :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looking good! Are your wheels 15x7? I am debating on getting new tires for my factory tires or invest a little more by getting new rims so I can get a wider tire. Also, do you have a slight lift or no lift at all? Just trying to get some more ideas for my rig. :D
The wheels are 15x7 I think... Stock jeep wheels but off of a Cherokee I think. 31x10:50's BFG AT's I sent the wheels out the other day for powder coating....
Lift is a 2 1/2" Rough Country...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered new rear swing out Stainless Steel tailgate hinges from Kentrol... then I decided since I'm doing a new rear bumper / air tank, that I'd incorporate a swing out tire mount on it. I chased down a pivot spindle and drew up some plans and sketches... I'll have a Hi Lift and a shovel and ax on it. I'll have some brackets to mount an additional gas can too.
I ordered new seats since the stock driver site has all but eaten up my neoprene seat covers... they are only a year old and faded so I decided to spring some money for some brand new seats... I ended up with Bestop II's pro recliner with headrests black denim.
I also ordered new TJ style hood latches that I'll throw on after I paint it... in a couple weeks.
Then I'll install the Warrior Products rear corner guards and install the JKS quick disconnects.

Sometime in December it goes in for an OX locker for the front and either another OX for the back or a Ford 8.8...?

Should keep me busy for a couple weeks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Messed around with the flex with the Q/D's un hooked... I am at 17 inches with the trac bar still hooked up....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a few updates...
I finished the rear bumper, installed fire extinguishers, fabricated a gas/water can holder, a buddy installed the dash led's, installed rock guards, installed front and rear ARB air lockers, new chrome molly axels....
just waiting for the weather to get nicer so I can get the paint done....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
... Someone posted some time ago... Pictures or it didn't happen...
New Bestop seats

1 - 20 of 39 Posts