Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
honestly is the quality of bearings all the same or are some really better than others, i know that alot of people say timken are the best, but is it really that much of a difference?

im short on money and already ordered a ring and pinion from yukon and a bearing kit called RATECH or something like that, the bearings seemed reasonably priced but werent the cheepest or the most expensive, i figured it was just brand name i was paying for.

am i wrong? and should i return the RATECH bearings or do you think it wont matter?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
are you installing the gears yourself? have never heard of ratech bearings, but that does not mean anything..

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I don't think Timken is that much better than SKF or Fafnir, but all three, plus some other name brands are better than the low end units out there. There is a difference.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well turns out whole kit came with timken bearings...they just repackage it....kit came with
Pinion bearings
Pinion shims
Carrier bearings
Carrier shims
Crush sleeve
Pinion seal and nut
Ring gear bolts
Cover gasket
Including new bolts. and a free hat for $84.97

bought off of summit racing: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rat-350k/overview/

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Wow, What a Deal. Good far You!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only thing i didnt like was the cover gasket was folded like a piece of paper, and there is barely a drop of marking compound, other than that the quality is great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts