Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So now I have 3 hardtops, 2 sets of half steel doors (one set original to my Jeep), and 2 sets of fiberglass upper doors with sliding windows. One of the hardtops actually came from a 95 YJ and it fits great. The others ... I don't know.

The problem is that I cannot get the fiberglass uppers to fit properly against the hardtop. They seem to fit along the windshield edge but leave a significant gap at the top rear corner between the hardtop and the upper door. They also flex outward at the top when driving above 40 mph.

My understanding from other posts is that no YJ offered fiberglass half uppers as OEM, so my uppers must be aftermarket.

I am now giving up on the half uppers and and searching CL for full steel doors to fit the YJ. But CL sellers claim CJ fits YJ fits TJ etc, etc.

Question: Which, if any, OEM steel doors (CJ, TJ, etc) will fit a 95 YJ WITHOUT modifications?

ANY information shedding light on OEM steel doors, OEM fiberglass uppers, and OEM hardtops for YJs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Both cj doors and cj hardtops will fit a yj. Not sure if you can mix-match the top and doors though, I've never tried. But tj tops or doors will NOT fit a yj without modifications.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Only the last few years of CJ's will have the same door latch as a YJ and not need some small mod..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts