Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a sweet 95 Yj it had a poorly hung rotted exhaust system so I have replaced from the front pipe back- Walkers OEM pipe has a stabilizer rod? Piece of rod bent 90 degrees with a flat piece of steel attached it is near the cat end of the pipe. Put the exhaust together this bar seems to just sit on top of the crossover plate. I have no idea what the hell that is for except for the rattle effect it gives. There is not any indicator of a clamp or a hanger for support - no grommet or slot or clamp? Nothing in the HAYNES book - No data on line - so it rattles on the crossover and rubs against the trans cooler lines which are touching it -I figure i could find a beam clamp for it - Tell me what you guys know - I'm sure somebody has replaced and had this issue?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
It's supposed to slide into a rubber mount on a bracket bolted to the trans mount

·
Super Moderator
12,961 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Vark,

Look for a post by Got it at last. In his signature there's a link to several Factory Service Manuals and a few parts manuals.
Find a parts manual that most closely matches your year Jeep.
Check with a Jeep dealer to see if they can locate one on a national search.
The part is most likely no longer available, but in the parts manual, you can see how it's shaped and how it fits. Perhaps you can manufacture something or locate a used one.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I thought a bracket of some sort - No bolt holes on crossmember but hopefully i can find the diagram and then figure how to build one - THANKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it in a service manual - Trans torque arm bracket - It certainly looks like it should slip into that i positioned it and pushed it in slightly only to realize there would be no chance to fit the flange to the Manifold if i did - not to mention the cat and muffler would never mate either. - I think maybe WALKER has made a mistake - MIDAS HERE I COME - weld me a new one on.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I have walker on mine and it fits perfectly

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have walker on mine and it fits perfectly
Same here. I did have to position everything just right to avoid the tailpipe hitting the body over bumps but it all fit.
I do know that the Walker welded bracket is different than the AP brand that was on it. Which is closer to stock I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts