Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 95 YJ , 4 banger , I want to put 33's under it but want to keep the lift as minimal as possible . can I do a 2.5 lift with a 1 or 2 inch BL
to fit the 33's ?.or what about wheel spacers ? I don't want to have to do a SYE or too much modification to the drive trane.trying to keep the $$ down.

This is my first jeep , it will only be used for the road and the beach
not many rocks in south Florida.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you can, but I'm not a body lift fan
I found that you really hate BL can you explain a bit why... whats really wrong with it? Too high center of mass? No articulation Benefit? whats the main thing with BL?

Thanking you in advance!

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
First of all, if you have a rusty jeep your gonna break the body bolts off trying to get them out...secondly, most BL's have grade 2 hardware that will bend in a wreck if you have one, thirdly the put stuff like steering columns and shifters in a bind, and lastly I think they look like crap because they cause a gap. Now, a 1 inch isn't that bad, but for my money and time its simply not worth it for one inch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
33's with the four cyl 5 speed. you ai'nt going nowhere fast. Or that is just my two cents. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
it's all in the gears, the 2.5 isn't a bad motor. I would skip the BL and just go to a suspension lift, maybe save a bit longer but I think the wait would be worth it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
First of all, if you have a rusty jeep your gonna break the body bolts off trying to get them out...secondly, most BL's have grade 2 hardware that will bend in a wreck if you have one, thirdly the put stuff like steering columns and shifters in a bind, and lastly I think they look like crap because they cause a gap. Now, a 1 inch isn't that bad, but for my money and time its simply not worth it for one inch.
agreed BL is all show no go IMHO, the $$$ can be used elsewhere

·
Registered
925 Posts
it's all in the gears, the 2.5 isn't a bad motor. I would skip the BL and just go to a suspension lift, maybe save a bit longer but I think the wait would be worth it.
also agreed, 4.11 or 4.88 and you'll be fine with the 2.5 and 33s

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is an automatic , did they install different ratios in the standard shift and auto?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so 4:10 rear with 31 to 33 inch tires will knock speed off of the top end . This jeep will only be used around town 50mph max but mainly in town driving which is 35 to 45 mph , should I be worried about the speed difference from a stock tire ?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
so 4:10 rear with 31 to 33 inch tires will knock speed off of the top end . This jeep will only be used around town 50mph max but mainly in town driving which is 35 to 45 mph , should I be worried about the speed difference from a stock tire ?
No. You won't feel it to much at those speeds. You will drop some mpgs though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My 4.0ltr YJ..on RE 2.5" LIFT + 1"BL and 33" muds no swaybars or track bars..no sye (has 1" skidplate drop!) and no rubbing offroad!!.....runs good at highway speeds with 3.55 gears, works well! :punk:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts