Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 YJ currently running with 1" wheel adapters from Integrity Automotive and i got Stock JK Wheels 16x7. I wanted to know if i should go with 1.5 or 2 inch wheel adapters. I dont go off roading with the jeep and its more of a leisure ride more than a DD. Any feedback would be great

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The wider you go the more prone you are to wearing out parts in your axel, I personally will not use them at all. I had them on an xj to gain more clearance and my tire fell off twice with no warning, make sure u keep them tight

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I'm surprized you need spacers with 7" wheels, how wide of tire are you running? Before I add spacers I put a couple of washers under the steering stops. This will increase your turning radius, but so will adding spacers. If adding washers does the trick, it will be a lot easier on your front end then moving the weight outward. Many use spacers and claim no negative effects, I personally don't care for them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 95 YJ currently running with 1" wheel adapters from Integrity Automotive and i got Stock JK Wheels 16x7. I wanted to know if i should go with 1.5 or 2 inch wheel adapters. I dont go off roading with the jeep and its more of a leisure ride more than a DD. Any feedback would be great
Note that the OP said adapters. From YJ bolt pattern to JK bolt pattern.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I'm assuming the adapters also add width since he asks about 1" or 2". If possible I'd go the thinest adapter/spacer available for the reason above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts