Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the heater(no a/c)blower motor/fan come out as one assembly from the engine compartment?
I have leaves in my ducting that keeps burning up the blower speed resistor(I think that is what is happening).
I keep thinking that the fan has eaten them but time will pass and I hear more more getting chewed up and see the remnants being spit out of the vents and then I smell burning leaves then nothing but high speed blower operation.
I've had the TJ for about 4 years now and the leaves just keep coming thanks to the former owner parking it under an oak tree.
I am on resistor number 4 now and would like to fix it once and for all and also quieten down the fan noise caused by the leaves.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's only 3 screws and an electrical connector. The FSM says to pull the battery and unbolt the PCM. But I'm not sure I did all of that...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, had to pull the battery and remove the electrical junction block to get to the top screw.
Leaves are out and things are quiet again.:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had to replace mine and I was worried it would be a huge ordeal. They're correct. It's just taking out your battery, an electrical connector, and a few screws. I vacuumed out a ton of leaves too and also had them in my resistor. Cleaned it out with my hand and a shop vac, replaced the two parts, and had it working in an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts