Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 2.5 Jeep Wrangler and was driving down the road and the check engine light came on and it sputtered for a second and the check engine light went out and ran fine for a few min. It did this a few times then the check engine light stayed on and the jeep died. It won't turn over at all it has 12v at the batt you turn the key the dash lights up but won't turn over it won't click it won't do anything it is 5 speed all fuses are good any help would be great thanks and when you turn the key the fuel pump won't even kick on

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
How I test for a bad fuel filter or bad fuel pump is to spray about 1-2 seconds worth of Starting Fluid directly into the throttle body. If the vehicle starts and runs for a few seconds then dies, then you know it's not getting fuel.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Having a similar issue, did the fuel pump turn out to be bad for you?
His issue honestly sounds like dirty/corroded battery connections. If I were you, that is where I would look first if your issue is just like his. If it is a different scenario then let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts