Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm opening a can of warms here but hear goes. A little about the TY/J. I have a 87 YJ:tomatoes:sitting on a 97 TJ frame with the TJ 2.5 drive train. It still has the OBD 2 wiring harness and computer out of the TJ. The TJ was totaled years ago and I had a YJ with a bad frame. So now I have a TY/J.

Now to the problem I am having. A few months ago I got the body mounted and all the wiring installed and she fired up. I put new plugs, cap, button, fuel pump intake/exhaust gaskets, and oil change when I was putting it together. It was running good until a few days ago. Now it spits/sputters and backfires a little when first give it gas after shifting gears. Once I feather the gas for a few seconds it clears up and runs good. It also is hard to start some times. Hard start does not care if hot or cold.

I will take all advice and tips you can help me with.

P.S. I am a diesel mechanic of 16 years and can most of the time stumble my way through a gas engine problem. This one has me scratching my head.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem with my TJ after i put my body lift in. It stretched/disconnected some wires near my manifold, I reconnected them and it stopped misfiring. You might also want to try cleaning your throttle body. Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts