Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ignition switch just went out. Somewhere its missing contact within the switch. When you turn it forward you get nothing from the starter and the switch doesn't kick back into the run position. Like whatever spring that is in there is broke. I had to put it in the run position have someone else hold in the clutch and then jump the starter to get it to start. Has anyone replaced an ignition switch before? What should I look out for? Where would be the best place to get one?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me several months ago...

Anyway, you can go to oreillys or advance or auto zone and pick one up. I got mine from oreillys for about 45 bucks. Its called an "actuator pin"

Heres a how to...

Ignition Switch Actuator Pin Repair - JeepForum.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are awesome my friend! Got the part for $35...min of labor...done!! Thanks a million! Gotta love the internet!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
No problem, buddy...

glad to help :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am on my way to get the pin right now. Tried everything short of tracing the wire assemblies to find a short. Tore apart the column and pulled the actuator pin assembly anf a little piece of pop metal just fell out. Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts