Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help! My TJ has 162,00 miles. Been having a hesitation problem especially when A/C is running. When I accelerate you can feel it hesitate, you can feel the power come and go. If I accelerate easy it's not so bad, but you still feel it. Over the past year I've replaced all sensors with OEM Mopar sensors. New cap and rotor, and wires, within the last 3 yrs I've replaced the fuel pump, I've checked pressure on pump to make sure and the pressure looked good, around 48 lbs. I also had an issue about 2 yrs ago where I was having some starting issues, traced it to the computer not starting the fuel pump when key was first tuned on. That issue was resolved with the new computer.

Also the hesitation might not be as bad when engine temp is cooler.
Fixing to put in shop next week.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine Size for 97 TJ

The engine is the 4.0 6 cyl.

RPM that I feel it is pretty low, between 1 and 2 thousand RPM's. As long as I accelerate real real easy it's not bad, but if I give it a little to much pedal I can feel it hesitate.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Any engine mods such as a throttle plate spacer?

My 99 4.0 had the same problem until I removed the throttle plate spacer that the previous owner had installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hesitation

It used to have the throttle body spacer. I removed it. Also had a Jet Module, removed as well. Forgot to mention I replaced all injectors with OEM. Also replaced coil with OEM. New OEM Plugs as well.

·
Knows a couple things...
48,892 Posts
Did you replace the upstream O2 sensor with an NTK brand replacement? Bosch O2 sensors are not a suitable substitute.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hesitation

I have replaced both up and downstream O2 sensors with OEM Mopar sensors. I haven't checked compression at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manual Transmission
I recently had a new clutch installed.

Thanks again
I'm going to do a compression check

1 - 11 of 11 Posts