Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

I'm brand spankin new to the Jeep world, like 3 hours new. Got what I thought was good deal on a 1997 TJ with 70k on it but it's rusted bad. Was parked at a local repair shop for brake lines and they left it outside without the top on for a year while the owner was down from a surgery. Paid the man 6 hundo and went to move it. Once I jumped it and got it to crank it started right up and then died even quicker. Now it won't fire at all.

The unit is still sitting in the parking lot at the shop because I also found out (I was told it needed a brake line) that the shop never finished the job that they started and the brake lines from the anti lock pump aren't plumbed or flanged. So even if I was able to get it started I would need to finish the brake lines in the parking lot lol

I figured who else to ask about the start issue but the men and women who are experts.

Thanks!

EB

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Greetings all!

I'm brand spankin new to the Jeep world, like 3 hours new. Got what I thought was good deal on a 1997 TJ with 70k on it but it's rusted bad. Was parked at a local repair shop for brake lines and they left it outside without the top on for a year while the owner was down from a surgery. Paid the man 6 hundo and went to move it. Once I jumped it and got it to crank it started right up and then died even quicker. Now it won't fire at all.

The unit is still sitting in the parking lot at the shop because I also found out (I was told it needed a brake line) that the shop never finished the job that they started and the brake lines from the anti lock pump aren't plumbed or flanged. So even if I was able to get it started I would need to finish the brake lines in the parking lot lol

I figured who else to ask about the start issue but the men and women who are experts.

Thanks!

EB
So the question is?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Question is whats the popular opinion that I should look at first about the no start.
Any codes? Got spark? Got fuel? Got fuel in the tank? Can you hear the pump run for three seconds when you turn the key?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Here’s a couple of threads that’ll get you going in a direction to get her started.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Without an actual pressure gauge i checked the fuel rail pressure and it's nonexistent. Guess i'll trace the wires and see if i got a broken wire to the pump.

Thanks Guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts