Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for 9 months now for a 2.5 engine. Impossible to find in Georgia for some reason. I have found hundreds of 4.0 engines. At this point what would be a good replacement solution for an everyday driver and just trail riding nothing to crazy? Thanks

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Why aren't you buying a rebuilt 2.5? There are plenty of them in the magazines. Are you looking for a junk yard engine?

Take care,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a 97 and after selling the hardtop I only have $500 in it. I was trying to just put as little into it as possible. I was hoping more people would be ditching there old 4cyl for a larger one. I guess it would make more sense and a quicker fix to just buy a reman. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
id go with a reman engine, or maybe you could do an engine swap, the tm 4.3 is fairly popular, or a 4.0 swap. it depends on what you really want to spend money on. if you want a diesel ive seen people doing 4tb cummins or even a jetta tdi. the guy with the vw gets 35 mpg, and does well on the trails.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Blowing a four banger is Gods way of telling you it's time for a bigger motor. Haha but no seriously why not just go with the 4.0 or just throw a 350 in it? Bolts right up for the most part

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have two spare 2.5 engines sitting in my sons yard.

Problem is, I am in England!!!!

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I was hoping more people would be ditching there old 4cyl for a larger one.
Since the 2.5L is notoriously reliable, most people run them until the motor stops twitching and/or final breath.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Dextreme said:
Since the 2.5L is notoriously reliable, most people run them until the motor stops twitching and/or final breath.
i ran my yj with 2.5 till it hit 200,000 then sold it to my bro, he ran it 50,000 more, blew the block. put in a junkyard motor from an xj who's Odom read 188xxx and hes still running it another 30,000 miles later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts