Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep decided to freak out on me this week. It started with a 301 that was fixed due to a small coolant leak on wire 1 (fixed coolant tubing also). Replaced all plugs and wires because why not. Drove, and seemed okay.... until a 505. Assumed it was the IAC, replaced, let run idle for a few minutes, the engine suddenly dies. Hard to start back up without flooring it, and will not hold an idle very long if at all. Brain trust, any suggestions??

·
Registered
15,683 Posts
After a dead battery or sensor replacement on the 04 rubi have to drive it 50 or so miles before stops need gas pedal pressure to keep from dying when stopped

Just seems to need to relearn the tps and iac settings

Reset computer/PCM and drive it awhile and see if it resolves itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t really drive it much, it won’t even get down my hundred foot driveway. I did just have, when I turn the key to position my battery voltage dropped to zero and my check gauge light came on also

After a dead battery or sensor replacement on the 04 rubi have to drive it 50 or so miles before stops need gas pedal pressure to keep from dying when stopped

Just seems to need to relearn the tps and iac settings

Reset computer/PCM and drive it awhile and see if it resolves itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Issue solved after tearing wire bundles and replacing many parts...... it was a single loose ground on the bottom of the engine block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts