Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 4.0 with the 5 speed. The Mopar part # that I find is 4897321AA. All seem to list this for the 97-02 with an auto. Anyone have the proper # for the 5 speed model. I'm assuming all the aftermarket ones are junk?

·
Knows a couple things...
48,836 Posts
Something curious is going on. When I converted my '97 TJ 4.0 from its OE 5-speed to the 32RH I had to change the crankshaft position sensor for the automatic. One had two mounting bolt holes, the other had just one mounting bolt hole. It has been too long to remember which was which. My '97 Mopar parts guide shows just one p/n too but I am absolutely positive the CPS that was on my AX-15 transmission would not bolt up to the 32RH bell housing.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
In the parts manual it says 56027869AC for both manual and auto.
That is definitely not correct. The CPS for a manual transmission is very different than the one for an automatic transmission. (That part number is for the auto.)

To see the difference, look at Rockauto.com under IGNITION parts. Also, Rockauto lists the Mopar CPS for the manual transmission.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That is definitely not correct. The CPS for a manual transmission is very different than the one for an automatic transmission. (That part number is for the auto.)

To see the difference, look at Rockauto.com under IGNITION parts.

That's what the manual says. I also have a 97 and it's sometimes a pain to identify the parts, as early TJs had a mix of parts on them. DBB code is used for the manual 5 speed trans.

Parts manual snapshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQ3QRopFWTKBt4J6teamE7deUVL-UQDl/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something curious is going on. When I converted my '97 TJ 4.0 from its OE 5-speed to the 32RH I had to change the crankshaft position sensor for the automatic. One had two mounting bolt holes, the other had just one mounting bolt hole. It has been too long to remember which was which. My '97 Mopar parts guide shows just one p/n too but I am absolutely positive the CPS that was on my AX-15 transmission would not bolt up to the 32RH bell housing.
Mine has the 2 mounting bolt holes. I will have to give Napa a call later and see what they come up with. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the pics the CPS for the auto has a single bolt hole mounting and the stick like mine has the two bolt. Part# from Napa is ECH-CSS630. This is there house brand. $117

1 - 13 of 13 Posts