Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my TJ stripped all the way down to the frame. I am wanting to replace the frame. I can’t find a frame for a 4.0. I can find plenty of frames for a 2.5. So can I use the 2.5 frame? I know that I will have to change out the engine mounts. Is that the only difference?

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Gas tank mounts? Can’t imagine there’s much difference in a TJ. That would have screwed with the production line.

Can’t you cut and weld sections?

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Cheaper than freight most likely. Several decades ago, I used to make an occassional weekend trip from S. Georgia to Lynchburg. It is just a little over 600 miles.

Depending on what time you are driving down, avoid Atlanta on Friday afternoon at all costs. You can easily lose 4 hours in your trip in Atlanta on Friday evening. Many would be tempted to take I85 to Atlanta and then I20 over, but I would recommend I40 to I75 and pick up I59 in Chantaooga to Birmingham.

When I have to go North and hit the Atlanta area in the afternoon, I divert westward and go up on two lanes until I get to Rome and then get back on I75.

Reactions: Gottagofast

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I avoid Atlanta ALL the time.....

You can lose WAY more than 4 hrs there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts