Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow jeep owners, im New to the forum and have a issue I need advice on. I recently bought a TJ and when u try to put it into 4 lo it pops out unless u hold a little pressure onthe transfer case shifter. Wondering if mabye the linkage needs adjusted? Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya I'd guess the linkage needs adjusting. Does it have a body lift, motor mount lift, or transfer case drop?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does have a body lift, I hadn't had a chance to roll under it and check it out yet, was not even shure it had linkage or shifter went right into transfer case. That makes me feel better

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yep just the linkage. Mine used to pop out sometimes if I was bouncing on rocks or vibrating a lot. Adjusted the linkage by loosening the bolt and sliding the handle forward a little then tightening it back up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good, that will be a easy fix, thanks for the info. Plan on jumping under it and getting that adjusted tomorrow after work hopefully. Thanks again guys

·
Knows a couple things...
49,000 Posts
You can only get to it from underneath. Here's a photo of the linkage with the bolt you need to loosen to perform the adjustment, use a 1/2" wrench on that bolt head. Once you get it pulled back in so it can pull the t-case all the way into 4Lo, tighten the snot out of that bolt so it can't slip.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just got a chance to roll under the jeep and adjust the transfer case shifter, didn't even hafto take the skid pan off it was easy to get to. Adjusted it and tried it out, works like New! Thanks again guys for the advice, Jeff

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts