Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jeepers, I had a trans hose go bad which caused my jeep to slip due to the leak then when I replaced it, it still slipped and has unfortunately gotten worse. Just slips going into 2nd but sure as hell takes a while to get up to speed. Anyone have any advice? Suggestions? Do I need a new trans or is there something I'm missing?? It has 102,000 miles. I love my Wrangler and want to do what I need to do to fix it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help! :)

:Thanx:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like it's an automatic transmission...correct?

Are the fluid levels where they should be?
What color is the trans fluid?
Does the fluid smell burned at all?
Do you know if the transmission fluid has ever been changed?

-Eric

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes its an automatic. I changed the fluid and filter when I had the hose replaced. Looks normal and doesn't leak anymore but I think the temporary leak that caused slippage at the time ended up causing permanent slippage and issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just highway driven and probably a couple of months. It slipped while the hose was bad and had a slight leak but I was sure to keep the fluid level normal, i just couldnt afford the repair or do it myself at the time so i babied it as much as i could.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.