Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, here's the deal. My 97 TJ SE started having some pinging going on in the engine a few days ago. After it started pinging while I was on my way to work, the engine cut off and wouldn't come back on. She'll turn over but the engine doesn't actually start. Here's what I've done so far.

Replaced the distributor, rotor, plugs, cables, ignition coil, crank position sensor, and did a compression test that showed approximately 40psi across all four cylinders.

I'm at a loss now for what to do. My brother recommended jumping it even though the battery is fine to just give it an extra boost, but I'm not sure if it'll work although I will be trying it in the morning.

I'm almost at the point of taking out the engine and rebuilding, doing a swap, or finding someone that wants to buy it and getting a new vehicle. I'd really hate to get rid of her considering she's only got about 105k miles on her.

Anything you guys can think of will be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts