Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new soft top installed!

Reduced again to $10,000 :(

~146K miles but driven occasionally, so it might go up.
Garage kept and stored there for the winter to keep it off the salty roads.
Clean title and AutoCheck report by Experian: 1J4FY19S6VP501772
Registered and inspected.
No check engine lights.
Starts quick, runs good, rides nice(for a TJ), and stops real fast.
Frame is solid, and it has been plated with Safe-T-Cap Rear Trailing Arm Mounts(common area)
Body mounts/torque boxes have been reinforced too, so those typical areas are all set as well.
Great oil pressure on this low mileage(for the year) 4.0L engine, running full synthetic oil.

This Jeep is ready to go. It will go down the highway just fine(seen 90mph). It drives nice while going straight down the highways, and has no death wobble, nor bump steer issues. All that being stated, this Jeep is not for everybody. If you are not use to a lifted and auto locked short wheelbase Wrangler with a manual transmission, then this is might not be the best option for you.

A lot of fairly recent work was done to it(well more than $15k in parts alone, not including any labor at all in that figure), so I shouldn't need to tell you with a list like this how well it wheels, especially with over a 80:1 crawl ratio(yes better than the original famed TJ Rubicon).

Engine:
1" lift Brown Dog complete engine mount kit
Smog legal SS header
Mandrel bent cat-back exhaust-sounds great/not loud just cruising down the open road, but when accelerating it does have a growl.
Newer O2 sensor
Upgraded to a higher hp 2002 intake manifold
Cold air intake that pulls air through a pre-filtered inlet from the cowl area, and is C.A.R.B. legal
Throttle body spacer(A.R.B. approved)
New radiator(11/2019), electric fan with an adjustable thermostat, plus an independent override switch
Newer cap, new rotor, wires, and E3 plugs

Transmission + Transfer:
Upgraded from the original AX15 to a stronger NV3550 5-speed manual trans(Wrangler's strongest) and a HD clutch.
B&M short throw shifter, not just a knob.
T-case shifter relocation bracket
Rubicon NV241OR RocTrac transfer case with factory SYE(slip yoke eliminator)
Double cardan CV style rear drive shaft(just greased)

Rear Ford 8.8 Axle with disc brakes:
4.88 gears
Detroit locker
C-clip Eliminator kit
Heavy Duty Diff Cover
Adjustable Upper Control Arm's with Heim joints(the $1,100 Rusty's kit only had solid rubber ends).
Adjustable Lower Control Arms(the $1,100 Rusty's kit only had fixed ones).
1330 Adapter Flange
Line lock parking brake

Dana 30 front axle:
Upgraded the LP(low pinion) axle to a stronger HP(high pinion)
4.88 gears
New Spartan auto locker(08/2018), I can include the stock spider gears to return this to a standard open differential if you prefer.
Lube Locker gasket
Adjustable Lower Control Arms with flex joint(the $1100 Rusty's kit only came with fixed and had rubber ends)

Tires & Wheels:
5 - 33x12.5 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W on 15" black alloy rims + center caps(one cracked), with all lug nuts being new as well(~3k miles on all this now).

Front End:
PSC steering box
Rusty's steering box skid
Rusty's tie-rod(with new end) and HD drag link adjustment sleeve
New steering stabilizer(08/2019)
RuffStuff -- "The Cure"
Newish lower ball joints
Newer passenger's side axle u-joint
Newer driver's side unit hub bearing assembly
New passenger's side unit hub bearing assembly as of 08/2018
New driver's side brake caliper as of 7/08/2018

Suspension:
Rusty's advanced 3.5" lift(coils, shocks, CA's, Panhard bar, r. track bar bracket, Pitman arm, ext rear sway bar end links, SS brake lines)
Newer shocks with ones that have lifetime warranty(one did received dent since)
New Rusty's upper rear spring relocation perches to correct the curvature of the lifted coils when installed.
Switched to better TeraFlex swaybar disconnects

Protection:
New rockers guards(minor scrapes now)
New full corner guards
Rusty's fuel tank skid
New radiator guard
New Barnes 4wd rear bumper support tie-in brackets(welded in)
New [never towed] rear frame mounted receiver hitch(some scrapes now)
Custom front shorty bumper(shown in one picture)

Electrical:
Optima Red Top Battery
Painless weatherproof fuse block
Newer blower resistor and heavy duty connector
KC DOT legal head lights(depending on selling price, I have a pair of brand new-in-the-box ProComp LED units)
Stock turn signals custom cut into grill

Doors:
Half OR Full doors(depending on selling price). Full doors on right now from winter storage.
Mirrors relocated for use with full or soft doors, either on or off.
Practically new aftermarket upper door skins, if half door option is chosen.

Storage:
Tuffy steel security glove box
Bestop under seat security box

Radios:
Newish CB on new windshield bracket and K40 antenna
Pioneer AM/FM/CD/WMA/MP3 HD radio with USB and AUX ports

Replaced front seats with a cleaner pair from a 1999 Wrangler that were in much better shape(no pics of them yet).

Thank you for reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would like to sell before snow flies to free up my garage that I use for storage of this, so please make an offer.

Just inspected.

The only thing I have replaced since is the steering stabilizer, because it started to weep a little. I simply bought the same stock replacement, since it has no dw issues.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been daily driving this all summer, so miles have gone up a little.

Also, the half doors are on now.

Could use a soft-top as it drips in a couple of spots and the rear zipper is starting to mess up occasionally. So I will come down to $11k obro. Or I might replace before winter or get a hard-top for it even.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still for sale! Just pulled it out of winter storage last month(been under cover since), and took it for her first ride this past week.

Just ordered a brand new soft top for it. It should be in by 06/01/2020. However even with that perk, I will still drop the price to $10,500 to help move this along by giving you a great deal :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still have not had her off-road yet this year, so still so super clean :)
I have not been because I was waiting for the trails to dry up, as I hate mud!

Anyways, I got that new soft top on, and am still lowering the price to $10k for a faster sale!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts