Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 Sahara 4.0 with 128k miles.

Some History: I was having issues with a delayed start, crank 4-5 seconds then it would fire up. Upon short shut down times like running into a store it would fire up normally. Then one day nothing, no fire but strong crank. I thought it might be a bad fuel pump and/or fuel pressure regulator so I dropped the tank and put a whole new unit in. Also bought a brand new battery and have a full charge, terminals are on nice and tight.

Currently: I get everything to light up, gauges work, I can hear the pump kick on and cranks really strong however no fire. I had a kill switch put in a year or so ago and I'm wondering if something got loose there since the sound of cranking when the kill switch is on is the same as I'm getting now. I think they by passed the core to make the kill switch work?? Not sure though. Its in my garage and I hate to pay for towing to a shop because then I'm either stuck paying the shop for repairs or paying to tow it back.

Any Ideas??? Much Appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure about that - visual inspection is the best thing - mine although fairly new came away from dizzy cap rubber when I was removing. Suggest you try a spark tester to see if you are getting a spark also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts