Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, New to the forum. Have several questions. Help please!

I just recently bought my Jeep 4 days ago, it's my second Jeep (I also have a 99 XJ) anyhow, I noticed while driving the jeep home that when I break it pulls hard to the left,, almost in the other lane. It makes a grinding sound when making slow turns also (especially left turns)

If that's not bad enough, it also is VERY sluggish on acceleration. It doesn't want to get up and go.. and uphill is the worst.. I feel like I have the pedal to the metal and Im barely even making it to the top of the hill. It also gives this "jolt" when first accelerating from a stopped position.

My jeep is lifted 4 inches and has 33 inch all terrain tires.
The front end is a Dana 30 and rear is Dana 35.
Im checking the gear ratio's tonight when I get home (didnt want to drive it to work), but I do believe it is all stock (3.73) ??

:confused:

·
Commercial Member
3,962 Posts
You posted this in the yj section, now I'm sure these guys can and will help you, just know that you have a tj (incase you didnt know)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey noob, welcome ! ...to the forum !

Although you DID post this in the YJ (Non-airbag section ) I'm sure many of us could still help you .

#1 My suggestion would be check your brakes , sounds like you have metal on metal brake pads

#2 is it a 4cyl ? I dunno if they made 4cyl Saharas ,If so thats normal ! lol j/k umm ... make sure it isnt in 4wd .

#3 lifted with 33's would definately be a factor if you have a low gear ratio but again what engine do you have ?

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Along with what the other guy said I would also check your wheel bearing hub assembly.

if it's got stock gearing with 33's it's going to be a little sluggish you probably won't use 5th gear at all.

Just check your spark plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor might be a good idea if you just bought it to go ahead and do a tune up on it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts