Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've gotten off course from my original build list. I've since upgraded my stereo, added seat covers, and painted my roll bar/soundbar covers . For the roll bar and soundbar covers I just washed them and sprayed them with matte black Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric spray paint. This was really easy and cheap. For my stereo upgrade I put Alpine Type R 6.5s in the soundbar and Type R 5.25 components using Nalin Mfg. brackets in the dash. I mounted an Alpine PDX 4.100 under the steering column using a skinny pedal amp mount. I originally tried using Select Increment dash pods for the front speakers, but after installing them I noticed the top and bottom of my speakers towards the inside of the dash were touching the metal dash supports and I was afraid it would affect the sound and possibly damage them so I removed them. These speakers sound great and are plenty loud with the top off at high speeds. For the seat covers I chose black Iggee's. I found a lot of great reviews on them, but I couldn't find many pictures of others who had them with the mist grey interior. I originally wanted to get the black/charcoal colored covers but after getting a sample from Iggee and the lack of pictures I could find with my color interior I was to uncertain as to whether the black/charcoal would look good. The sample they provided was 2inx2in square that just wasn't big enough for me to make my decision. I still think the black/charcoal may look amazing, but I also think it's possible it would clash with the gray interior. Since the covers are custom and can't be returned I stuck with black since it was my safest bet. I've only had them for a about a week and haven't driven my jeep really since I put them on but they do look great and were not hard at all to install. I installed them without removing my seats, but if my top hadn't been off right now it would have been a little more difficult, but definitely still doable.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice build and pics. When you ordered your 3" bds lift did they say why they only recommend 15" rims and not 16" or possibly 17"?
I haven't ordered the BDS lift yet, but I plan to within the next few weeks. I just happened to choose 15" wheels because the wheels and tires are a little bit cheaper and there's also a better selection of load range C tires available in that size from what I could tell. There are more reasons than the ones I mentioned on why people prefer going with 15's that I've read about on the forums, but the reasons I mentioned were what I based my decision off of. I wasn't aware that BDS only recommended 15" rims, however after you mentioned this I looked through the lift install instructions and did find this, "Larger rim and tire combinations may increase leverage on suspension, steering, and related components. When selecting combinations larger than OE, consider the additional stress you could be inducing on the OE and related components" in the Pre-Installation notes. I'm new to Jeeps, lifts, etc... so I can't say this from experience, but I seriously doubt running 16 or 17's would hurt anything.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
nice jeep and you've certainly done your homework. here's mine with the 3" Zone lift on 33x12.5x15" Duratacs, MB TKO 15x8 wheels, not sure of the backspacing but they don't rub at all. View attachment 2043897
That's a nice looking jeep! That's the exact stance I'm hoping to get from the BDS lift. Did you do the TC drop or go the SYE route? If you did the TC drop do you notice any vibes? I definitely want to add the SYE in the near future, but planned on doing the TC drop to get me by until I could afford the SYE. Did you add any other extras along with the kit when you lifted it? I was planning on getting a front adjustable track bar to install at the same time. From what I've read it sounds like that would be easier than relocating the stock one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
That's a nice looking jeep! That's the exact stance I'm hoping to get from the BDS lift. Did you do the TC drop or go the SYE route? If you did the TC drop do you notice any vibes? I definitely want to add the SYE in the near future, but planned on doing the TC drop to get me by until I could afford the SYE. Did you add any other extras along with the kit when you lifted it? I was planning on getting a front adjustable track bar to install at the same time. From what I've read it sounds like that would be easier than relocating the stock one.
thaks. i had a shop do the lift because they also had to swap out my rotted frame. No tc drop or SYE. I picked it up last wednesday and hit about 70 on the highway with no vibes or shakes. smooth as can be. only option they put on is the Zone steering stabilizer. no adjustable track bar. had it aligned yesterday at a Firestone location and it went well. only thing they said was the back end was kind of construed at a angle which they said there were no adjustments. I would def do a adjustable track bar.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Installed 3in BDS lift, JKS front adjustable track bar, and JKS quick disconnects. For the wheels and tires I went with duratrac 33x12.50s and 15x8 Mammoth Boulder wheels.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Jeep

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.