Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy the Smitty Built SRC tubular bumper for my 98 wrangler. Thoughts?

I can only afford in the 200-250 range right now and I love the looks of the tubular. I have read some not so good things about the fitment of smitty, although those all seemed to be about the rock sliders

thanks for the help

or if anyone knows a tubular bumper kit that requires welding? I have a welder and am very proficient at it, just don't have time or patients to fab one.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Craigslist you will be surprised what you find - local guy for example with warn bumper and tire carrier for 500 but its been listed 2 months now lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just checked, didn't find anything but I will keep my eye out

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,424 Posts
Have you looked on ebay? Quite a few selections there to look at.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Smitty is fine but it depends on what you are really using it for. They really are not the strongest if you are looking for heavy protection or bashing it. There are knock-offs of the SRC style which I have and is fine for my use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not looking to do any real bashing, want the style but more importantly I want to be able to mount a winch and fog lights.

OEM bumper just looks stupid

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
scha0786 said:
not looking to do any real bashing, want the style but more importantly I want to be able to mount a winch and fog lights.

Not mine

090512112055.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found the smitty built SRC for 219.99, free shipping! with the money I saved I am going to buy the security glove box too

·
Knows a couple things...
49,135 Posts
Smittybilt's SRC tube bumper isn't built strong enough to hold up to even a minor fender-bender.

Click on the below pic to make it big enough to see the thin steel they use to make the SRC....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
scha0786 said:

If your gonna mount a winch and plan to use it your gonna want a bumper that's gonna stand up to those situations. And a shittybuilt err smittybuily wont cut it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts