Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 98 TJ. When closed, the tail gate pushes a small push button switch on the Drivers side. It is a grounding type-like you find for add-on alarm systems. I cannot find a switch in any Hanes manual of the wiring diagrams. I follow the wire to/by the kick panel/dash area drivers side where it just ends cut/no terminal, so I know it is doing nothing. I was wondering if there was any models that a switch that would make the dome light come on with tail gate open?

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
There is no dome light wire for the TJ. If would be a add on most likely with an aftermarket alarms system. Easy enough to make it work with your current system. I cannot remember if it is a ground connection or a positive switch as it has been quite some time since I put that mod on my Jeep.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. No, it is not for the 3rd brke light. it works fine. This little switch only breaks ground (1) wire, and as I said it is not hooked up to anything.I assume there was probably an alarm system on it at one time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts