Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just picked up my tj about a month ago. And due to my non stop tinkering so far, i figure why not start a build thread.
Well first things first. Ill tell you about my tj and how it started. First off its a 98 se 2.5l 5speed with 80k on it. It came slightly modded. Some good, some bad.
The mods that came on it were:
High rise tube fenders by ??
Full armor made of some high density plastic
OME 3-3.5" lift
2" t-case drop
Spartan rear locker
Front quick discos
Upgraded steering box
Some wide ass wheels with 2" wheel spacers
33x12.5 tsl swampers.
Some mods from the previous owner i plan to keep, others will be switched out.
Pic of the day i picked her up.

ForumRunner_20130807_230648.jpg

Heres after her first bath(much needed!believe me.)

ForumRunner_20130807_230737.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so first on my list was to get the wayy too wide tire and wheel setup off this thing. So i traded a buddy of mine for a set of mastercraft tourer MT 32x11.5s on a set of soft8s. Much better all around! Handling, trailriding. Everything except deep mud ofcorse. But playing in the mud is not my cup of tea anyway. Well enough jabbering. On to a pic.

ForumRunner_20130807_231636.jpg
forgot to mention. The same day i put the tires on. I installed a cb on my dash and picked up a magnetic antenna. I desided to go for a magnetic over a solid mounted one due to the fact its only used for vehicle to vehicle contact while wheeling. So i can remove it for commuting to and from work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after staring at these fenders(or lack there of) ive desided on building a set of tube fender extenders. It will consist of an 18" top bar and a 8" slanted bar that will be out about 3" total from the existing fenders. I desided to go with 1.25" 8guage round tube. I hope my dezcription makes sense for you guys. If not ill have pics along the way anyway. So far ive cut all my pieces needed, and weded the two main tubes together and capped the ends.

ForumRunner_20130807_232742.jpg

ForumRunner_20130807_232906.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i took a day off friday and went to a car show with a couple buddies of mine. Figured id share a pic. (Mines the little guy under the other tj :p)

ForumRunner_20130807_233255.jpg

Lol note the spare the xj had to use to get onto the tjs tire lmao.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update. I cut and coped the small pieces to connect the new hoop to the existing fender.

ForumRunner_20130808_122346.jpg

then began attatching the pieces to the new hoop. Heres a quick pic of the drivers side fender.

ForumRunner_20130808_122406.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i got home today and had a package waiting for me. It was a skyjacker rock ready steering box skid. So i wasted no time and threw it on. Unfortunately i forgot to take a pic of it installed so ill have to snap one for you guys tomorrow. For now ill leave you with a pic of it before i installed.

ForumRunner_20130808_235607.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts