Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, New to the forum. Have several questions. Help please!

I just recently bought my Jeep 4 days ago, it's my second Jeep (I also have a 99 XJ) anyhow, I noticed while driving the jeep home that when I break it pulls hard to the left,, almost in the other lane. It makes a grinding sound when making slow turns also (especially left turns)

If that's not bad enough, it also is VERY sluggish on acceleration. It doesn't want to get up and go.. and uphill is the worst.. I feel like I have the pedal to the metal and Im barely even making it to the top of the hill. It also gives this "jolt" when first accelerating from a stopped position.

My jeep is lifted 4 inches and has 33 inch all terrain tires.
The front end is a Dana 30 and rear is Dana 35.
Im checking the gear ratio's tonight when I get home (didnt want to drive it to work), but I do believe it is all stock (3.73) ??

:confused:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
what engine and trans? ill bet part of your pulling problem is the tires I know the power problem has some to with tires if not regeared. the jolting and grinding I could tell you if I drove it but since thats not a possibility I apologize.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I would start by checking front brakes/pads. Also check your rear brake shoes and manually adjust if needed.

Also inspect your steering linkage components and make sure you don't have any bent parts or loose joints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts