Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
So if this jeep ever goes up for sale I have first dibs? Okay?

You are doing everything I wish I had the money to do with mine right now! This build is rad and will make for a long lasting quality vehicle. Keep us posted. And seriously, if it goes up for sale...send me a message.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
So if this jeep ever goes up for sale I have first dibs? Okay?

You are doing everything I wish I had the money to do with mine right now! This build is rad and will make for a long lasting quality vehicle. Keep us posted. And seriously, if it goes up for sale...send me a message.
Thanks, I dont mind on doing the repairs and maintenance since I plan on having my jeep for a long time.

If it ever does go up for sale it will be here though

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I then wire wheeled the frame and applied the Chasis Saver I got when I purchased my Monsta-liner I did the center of the frame already and belly pan when I did my lift. Dif the Back when I did the d35 swap and will do the front when I swap the dana 30 in. That way i can get inside all the control arm brackets.

Chasis saver on

Painted Gloss black

New Trac Bar

Painted rear

·
Registered
29 Posts
Loving what you've done so far, as I'm wanting to do the same. I completely forgot about things like the brake lines and driveshaft u joints on my list.

Should be doing the spicer ball joints and axle shaft u joints this week. Any tips for easy removal and install?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Loving what you've done so far, as I'm wanting to do the same. I completely forgot about things like the brake lines and driveshaft u joints on my list.

Should be doing the spicer ball joints and axle shaft u joints this week. Any tips for easy removal and install?
Other than having the right tools the jobs are pretty straight forward

I would make sure you have a ball joint press for 4wd trucks as the TJ joints are at an angle & the press will want to walk if you dont have the slanted cups

I would also purchase 3 spicer joints for the axles, these are tricker than the driveshaft ones and i had a needle bearing lay down while i was pressing them together so it wouldnt fully seat and i had to take the whole thing apart again. Having a backup I would have been able to pull a cap of that one while pressing and been done with it rather than have to take the whole thing off and start again. If a goes a plan you can return it or save as a backup.

Install everything with anti-seize when reinstalling (except the ball joints) to make your life easier in the future.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Was having a weird idle issue when the Jeep was warm, say I got off the an exit after a highway ride rpms would fluctuate a bit and would feel like it wanted to die.

I unplugged the upstream o2 and the issue went away. Finally replaced the o2 sensor just now cleared my codes from it being unplugged and also changed my air filter. (I like to do this once a year usually in the fall) Old filter was dirty after only 1 year 8k miles.

Air filter comparison shot, went with the AC Adelco replacement

Old o2

Clearing my Emissions codes using the engine link software on my iPhone

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice man! Something little I added to my control arm brackets was a skid. Boxed in that dinky front lower control arm with a skid and welded it all in. So much stronger now. I hit a curb last year just right and those LCA mounting brackets folded right over. Not again! Lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Nice man! Something little I added to my control arm brackets was a skid. Boxed in that dinky front lower control arm with a skid and welded it all in. So much stronger now. I hit a curb last year just right and those LCA mounting brackets folded right over. Not again! Lol
Thanks

I hear you with the added protection, my plan right now is reliability with the possibility of building and 8.8 and trussed d30 locked front and rear when I have another car to daily.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Did some work on the front end today.

Removed the Dana 30 w/ 3.07 gears
Replaced w/ Dana 30 w/ 3.73 gears with new bushing and Spicer Ball joints

New Parts
ZJ Tie Rod Kit
New heavy duty Drag link
New OEM Track Bar
New OEM control Arms
New Monroe Steering Stabilzer
All new Class 10.9 zinc coated Hardware
Chasis Savered the Frame and coated in Gloss Black Rostoleum for UV protection

Earlier in the Build I did axle shaft U-joints, Driveshaft U-Joints, Black Magic Breaks, Centric Rotors, New OEM brake lines, and SS hardlines.

So now everything under the the jeep is pretty much new!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Did you put in the lights and signals? They look sick. If you have a link let me know

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Did you put in the lights and signals? They look sick. If you have a link let me know
Thanks

The headlights are trucklite LEDs

Signals I purchased off eBay since one of the stock ones were cracked, they were listed as "smoked" signal covers and were like $25 with the side reflectors as well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Future Plans

During the Winter

Replace Valve cover Gasket & paint valve cover

Spring

33" Duratrac's on 15" Mamba mr1s
Full Exhaust replacement from the Manifold Back
New Oil Pan & main seal
Gas tank Skid and Fuel pump while I'm in there

Summer / If I have time

Clutch, flywheel, slave replacement

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Got some parts in today

Exhaust Manifold with the flex joints
Felpro Manifold Gasket - Bought some copper spray too
MagnaFlow Cat with downpipe
Walker Quietflow Muffler
Walker Tailpipe
Mopar New Rubber Exhaust hangers
Dorman Exhaust stud & bolt Hardware kit Yellow Zinc Coated
Felpro rubber Valve Cover gasket
New 1/4-20 valve cover hardware from Fastnal Yellow Zinc Coated
Orange High temp Paint for the Valve Cover
Dorman Freeze Plugs
Mopar Engine block heater
New 4-hole injectors

Should be 60 degrees warmer this weekend so i will try to bang through everything on Sunday morning.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts