Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 TJ 4.0l w/auto trans. It looks like someone before me took the starter relay loose-or it was replaced and not put back where it is supposed to go. Mine is wire tied to the harness close to the battery with non OEM wire ties. A 20 amp fuse in a sealed holder is close by going to this relay-also wire tied on harness. Both these have a tab where it is supposed to be bolted-I just cant seem to find the spot. I move the relay around within the limits of the attached wiring, but unable to find the screw hole/spot. Any replies are appreciated.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
The OE starter relay is located inside the Power Distribution Center on the passenger-side fenderwell, just in front of the battery. You can see its location by looking at the diagram on the underside of the PDC's lid.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding Jerry. I did open the PDC. There is no place listed for it there- I looked. That is why I am puzzled. The wiring going to this starter relay (red+ 20 amp fused, Yellow from inside,Dark blue-starter solinoid, two black wires-negative one of these to the starter and the other grounding to the sheet metal @ fender. The base plug w/terminals look OEM,The wires don't look spliced any where- the relay is plugged into this base, just wire tied close by.???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts