Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 TJ Stock ready to start doing somethings.Lets start with Suspension lift . I am putting 31's x 12.50 on 15" rims. I want to lift up to give me a little clearance for the tires .I want it level but up about 2" maybe just spacers? Where do I start. Open for all suggestions .

·
Super Moderator
6,451 Posts
31x10.5x15?

spacers will work as those tires will work with the OEM lift. but if you're going through the work of installing coil spacers, new shocks, and new bumpstop, why not just spend the extra $100 and use longer springs?

another option is to install a 1.25" bodylift. then the OEM suspension and geometry is retained. the beauty of this is that if you end up wanting to go to a larger tire you can add taller springs and retain the body lift

·
Registered
47 Posts
For 31" tires, consider the setup in my signature. The H&R springs are highly reviewed and give about an inch lift over stock springs. The Rancho 5000X shocks are awesome too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For 31" tires, consider the setup in my signature. The H&R springs are highly reviewed and give about an inch lift over stock springs. The Rancho 5000X shocks are awesome too.
This is interesting to me as I'm considering something similar, so just swap the springs when you replace the shocks? Do I need to worry about the transfer case or any other adjustment?

·
Registered
33 Posts
just an FYI this was my tj on 31's before any lift on 180k mile stock springs. they fit fine with no lift. I did eventually lift it anyway as it needed shocks so I did 2" spacers and new shocks. that is the 2nd picture....same tires

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts