Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im having a problem with my jeep. My wipers and signal lights dont work when I turn them on but when I turn on the dome light they work. Also my radio, third brake light and rear defrost comes on when I open my door. Its llike some of the wires have been crossed or something. I just installed a set of hellas last night and ran a power wire from my fuse box inside the glove box, I dont know if that has anything to do with that. Any help is welcome!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,618 Posts
It sounds like an electrical ground connection has been lost & the circuit is only "finding" one when other items are turned on which is called scrounging. I'd look for a loose ground or one that was disconnected that was inadvertently not reconnected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now it won't run right. I can start it up but it won idle it shuts off right away. I can rev it up but as soon as I take my foot off the gas pedal it dies

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Start by removing the wire you added from the fuse box for your lights & see if everything returns to normal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I found out the problem it was a loose ground. I loosened it because I was gonna put the ground wire for the light switch and I didnt use it after and forgot to tighten it back up. A stupid mistake on my part haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts