Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to start a discussion about 4 cylinder vs. 6. I just want to know how much similar SE's sell for. I have a '98 Sport so I'm just looking to flip the 4 cylinder assuming that these sell for a halfway decent price and/or sell at all.

It's a 1999 SE with 87,000 miles. 5 speed standard. It's in absolutely beautiful condition. I figure I can knock the guy down to somewhere between 5 and 6 thousand.

Please don't tell me to look at KBB as I have obviously already checked the book values and local craigslist and auto trader listings.

So, what do these things sell for in your area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
351 Posts
In ATL, I got my totally stock '97 w/ 140k miles for $6,000 even. Most TJ's in Atlanta are listed for 6-12k, depending on mods vs stock, Tj vs LJ etc.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I see you are in CT, same here.

So you are looking to buy this SE low and sell it higher? If you are buying it locally and selling it locally then good luck making any decent profit for your efforts, my experience here in CT is that TJ buyers and sellers are very savvy in this area.

That being said it there's no harm in trying to get this SE on the cheap and flip it, folks do that all the time, but those are usually dealers with volume deals and other tricks they have available.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahah I hear you. I'm always shocked to hear what people in other (generally warmer) states paid for their wranglers. With a 6 cylinder I wouldn't be worried as I know what price they pull out here, but the 4 cylinder just baffles me...

CT jeepers do seem to be really on the ball. Though just going west of Hartford the price already begins to spike. My hope was basically that some nice young college kid would like the pretty red wrangler and wouldn't be so price-savvy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts